Sunday, July 12, 2009

Speaking Of Procrastination (The Sequel)...

Well as I look back on some of my posts, it's clear that my flair for procrastination continues to thrive! I've been thinking about blogging again and in doing that I've been wondering what the hell I have to talk about that would be of any interest to anybody?

Being the type of person that spends a great deal of time contemplating life, I've come to realize that as I've gotten older I see myself becoming more cynical. So I asked myself, is that really all that unusual? I think not. Seriously, look at what's going on around us. Executives going to prison, scam artists taking advantage of the elderly, ads in the media by lawyers whose mission in life is to 'help you', other advertisements telling us about ways we can avoid paying back money we promised we would pay back.

I can't be the only person that listens and looks at everything going on around me and finds myself being both disgusted and embarrassed about what we've become as a society.

With this in mind, I again wonder what it is that I should blog about. People don't want to be reminded about everything that is wrong in our society and I'm sure people have better things to do than read a bunch of negative comments, even if most of what is written is true. To that end, I've decided that if I'm going to start blogging again, I'm going to refrain from negative. I don't really have any solutions to offer anyway. I've decided that best thing I can do for society is to improve myself so that's what I'm going to do.

My next post will be more postive and will start documenting a journey I am starting to prepare for the next stage of my life. A stage where I expect to have a lot of fun and enjoy life to it's fullest.

1 comment:

Terri said...

Hi Brett,
Did you grow up in Merced? My sister Barbara babysat you and your sister the first summer you spent after your very beautiful mother died. You and I are the same age and we played together that summer. Our fathers worked together at Castle AFB. Cheers to you and your family from me and mine.
Terri O'Brien Liechty